History and Discovery Tour 2013
RULES & REQULATIONS
LAND & AIR TOURS
• Some domestic flights within Turkey, if applicable.
• Two meals every day throughout the tour; except for the dinner on the free day.
• All hotel accommodations during the tours.
• All scheduled lectures, shows, performances.
• All entrance fees to museums, ancient cities and sight-seeing excursions as set forth in the itinerary.
• All baggage handling for check-ins, check-outs, in hotels. All local and hotel taxes are included as well as tips for hotel service.
• An English proficient guide who will escort you on your tour.
• Bottled water on most tours
• OUR COMPANY HAS NO OPTIONALS!
Group discount airline tickets are available- Air prices depend on the season, weekends and the airline. We offer the best available air prices (new rates will be ready in January 2012, but air tickets can also be purchased early at reduced rates). Please note that air reservations can only be held for 72 hours before they must be purchased. During the high season (End of May to early September and December holidays), air tickets must be purchased at least three months in advance. There will be a penalty fee if any ticket changes or cancellations occur. Due to the current exchange rate, air taxes and rising gas prices, please note that airfare is subject to change.
Credit Cards: Please note that credit cards are not accepted. All payments must be made by check or money order payable to Cultural Folk Tours Int’l Inc.
On Bora Özkök’s personally led Tours: 5% of the land cost will be added to the invoice, payable in advanced to include the following: gratuities for all guides, baggage handling, housekeeping, hotel concierge service, restaurant wait staff and all local payments.
On all other CFT Tours: 5% of the land cost is recommended for the guide to be paid in U.S. Dollars at the end of the tour.
Bus Driver on all Tours: At the end of the tour, a $5 per person per day gratuity is suggested and $3 per person per day is recommended for the driver’s assistant if one is present.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED ON ALL TOURS?
Add-on flights. Lunch is not included, in most cases. Tips for the guides. Tips for the bus driver. Wine and beverages are not included on meal menus. Airline tax (Please note that the airline tax price is subject to change at any time without notice). Cost of Turkey visa application $20 and visa costs for Central Asia tours. Room service, valet, laundry and telephone calls.Items of personal nature and other items not specifically mentioned above. Cost of travel, personal and tour cancellation insurance including luggage not included.
· A deposit of $ 400 per person, by check, is required upon registration.
· Any deposit that is sent toward booking a tour constitutes full knowledge, acceptance and agreement of the cancellation policy in this brochure.
· All payments must be made by personal check or money order.
· Full payment is due 65 days prior departure.
· Cental Asia tours: Full payment due 3 months in advance.
· Application received less than 65 days prior to departure will require full payment at the time of registration.
SINGLE ROOM / ROOMMATE POLICY
Some single rooms per tour (space is limited) are available at $50 extra per night and are of excellent quality. The sooner you sign up for a tour, the better the chances are that we will be able to find a roommate for you. If a roommate cannot be arranged, the single supplement will be offered at a discounted price.
SIGHTSEEING- THE MOTOR COACH
Admission fees are included on all tours. Group tour transportation will be by private, air – conditioned new deluxe motor coaches. The buses are comfortable and new. There will be ample space for all participants. We expect an average attendance of 18-28 participants on Bora’s personal tours and all other CFT tours are limited minimum 6, maximum 20 participants.
Tour cancellation insurance is highly recommended. Personal travel and cancellation insurance is available through several insurance companies, which we can help identify. Most insurance companies require immediate sign up for full coverage. Tour participants who choose not to be covered by the insurance do so at their own risk and will need to sign a release, which states that they have declined the tour cancellations insurance. Insurance company brochure will be provided separately.
TRANSPORTATION COMPANYIES CLAUSE:
The passage contract in use by airlines and other transportation companies whose services are used in our tours shall constitute the sole contract between the companies and the purchaser of a tour /or a passage. CFTI Inc. does not assume responsibility for cancellation fees of any special fares due to departure or itinerary changes.
Cultural Folk Tours Int’l Inc. reserves the right to cancel any tour prior to departure for any reason, including insufficient number of participants, in its sole judgment. If Cultural Folk Tours Int’l Inc. cancels a tour, participants will receive a full refund of money paid.
The refund Policy below will be strictly adhered to regardless of the reason for cancellation. A WRITTEN CANCELLATION IS REOUIRED FOR ALL REFUNDS. (Oral notices are not valid.) The following refund schedule will be based on the date we receive the written cancellation:
· Up to 75 days prior to departure: Obligatory service charge of $ 200 per person.
· 75- 45 days prior to departure: Forfeiture of full deposit ($ 400 per person) and applicable airline penalty.
· 44-30 days prior to departure: Forfeiture of full deposit, plus 30 % of land cost and applicable airline penalty. (Discounted group airfare tickets are non-refundable after being issued.)
· 29 -14 days prior to departure: Forfeiture of full deposit, plus 60 % of land costs and applicable airline penalty or no air refund.
· 13 days to 72 hours prior to departure: Forfeiture of full deposit, plus 80% of land costs. No air refund.
· Less than 72 hours or during the tour: There will be no refunds.
Every effort will be made by Cultural Folk Tours Int’l Inc. (CFTII) to carry out all tours as planned. However, itineraries contained in this brochure are subject to modifications and change.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
Cultural Folk Tours Int’l Inc. (CFTII) (its owners, officers, directors, outfitters, agents, and employees) act only as agents for the participants in regard to transportation, hotel accommodations, motor coach – bus travel and / or all other related travel services as stated in the itinerary, and thus, assumes no liability for injury, delay, irregularity, loss or damage to person or property or additional cost resulting directly or indirectly from acts of God, detention threats or acts of terrorism or similar events, annoyance, weather or failure of any means of transportation to comply with schedules, quarantines, threats , or acts of terrorism or similar events, strikes , civil disturbances, theft, government regulations, discrepancies and or change in transit or hotel accommodations over which it has no control, whether it arises out of or is incidental to the tour or otherwise. Participant release CFTII from all such claims, demands, damages, losses and liabilities. Although it is very rare, some reasonable changes in the posted itineraries and prices may be made any time when deemed advisable for the comfort and well being of the participants. CFTII cannot accept responsibility for the property of or personal illnesses or injuries to tour participants during the course of tour. We reserve the right to refuse to accept to retain any person as a tour participant should that person’s health or mental condition, or physical infirmity or general demeanor impede the operation of the tour or rights, welfare, or enjoyment of other tour participants and to refund only the unused land portion of the tour price. In case of a dispute or claim, litigations agree that all disputes and claims will be settled only in courts of Cypress, California.