Bora Özkök our company owner, started CFT in 1979 and incorporated in 1989. Our headquarters is in Los Angeles, California, with a satellite office in Cappadocia, Turkey. We consider ourselves ambassadors of culture and good will, and our mission is to create unique vacation tours that not only showcase the history, archeology and beauty of the countries we visit, but also to help clients discover the soul of the people and their wonderful hospitality.
Our company stands out from the competition because of its culture of superior personal service. You will experience our “hands-on” individual attention from your first inquiry until you return home a happy traveler.
Our brochure provides detailed information on our scheduled escorted tours to Turkey, the Silk Road countries, and the Syria, Lebanon and Jordan tour. We also do custom vacation tour packages, resort and city stays, private group travel and special interest tours.
CFT is a member of ASTA, IATAN, and…
Cultural Folk Tours takes pride in its quality, reliability and value for money. Our goal is to provide you with the most unique and memorable vacation experience, and incredible photo opportunities by which these memories can be preserved.
WHAT MAKES CULTURAL FOLK TOURS INTERNATIONAL DIFFERENT?
- We have a unique focus on Turkey’s culture, history and folklore.
- We offer the finest tours with visits to undiscovered archaeological sites, villages, elementary schools, museums and other historical and cultural events. There are also superb photo opportunities not available on other companies’ tours.
- We have excellent English speaking tour guides who are all natives of Turkey. We give our guides the flexibility to take advantage of “spur of the moment” events that make our tours even more enjoyable. Our guides really “make” the tour.
- We don’t have “optionals” or misrepresent our costs. Our “all inclusive” tours cover everything except for lunches and dinner on the free day. Our tour groups are smaller than most companies.
- We advertise “Quality Tours for Less” and we mean it.
- The director-owner of the company, Bora Özkök, leads tours in Turkey and when he is in the office, he enjoys answering the phone and will often be the first person to take the call. During business hours, we answer all our calls “live”.
- Cultural Folk Tours has received a huge “word of mouth” and gets nearly half of its clients from recommendations by former clients. Our good reputation is earned. We know all too well to give more than promised and not to cut corners.
- We are blessed with well-educated, well-traveled clients who make the tours even more enjoyable for their fellow travelers.
- We use 5-star hotels when available. Otherwise we find the best hotel available. In Eastern Turkey, the Black Sea area and the Southeast will have tourist class hotels, which are small, simple and clean. On all our tours, the food will be some of the best you have ever had while touring.
- Most of our larger groups will ride in our new Mercedes Benz air-cushioned buses. These comfortable buses are never filled to their capacity and are always well maintained. See and feel the difference when you get on board with CFT.
- We will provide bottled water on all tours for our clients.
- We belong to ASTA, the leading professional organization in travel. We also belong to ARC, IATAN and we are registered with the California Tour Operator’s organization. We do the air portion at cost.
- Our 31st year of Cultural Tours to Turkey promises to be the best yet.
WE HOPE TO SEE YOU IN TURKEY.